So I woke up on Saturday morning around 5:30am. I stood up to go to the bathroom and realized I was a bit more "leaky" than normal. I went to the bathroom to find out I was gushing blood, and my pants were completely soaked with blood. I screamed for my husband and said "I think I am miscarrying". I also said "maybe you should check the bed to see if there is any blood". I tried to clean myself up as best as I could so we could head to the ER. I didn't know what to think. It was such a large amount of blood and was so very clotty.
The moment that broke my heart the most was to go back into the bedroom and see my husband kneeling next to the bed (where there was stains) and he was starting to cry. This sight was so sad to me.
We got the the ER and waited and waited. Eventually the bleeding slowed and we finally got an ultrasound and a internal exam. We found the baby moving and the heart beating away. We also found that my cervix was closed. So everything was "fine". But what is the bleeding? I guess it is something called a hemotoma around the placenta that had been forming for a while. It may be completely gone, or I may continue to bleed.
I was officially diagnosed with a "threatened miscarriage" and was told to "take it easy". We have a much higher risk of having a full misscarriage now, but the hope is that all will be fine from now on.
We missed our extended family Christmas, that was dissapointing. But it was for the best. I am so incredibly blessed to say that I am still pregnant. It was quite the scare, but really turned out to be nothing. So by God's Grace, this journey continues.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment