Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Friday, November 6, 2009

Friday

Well I had an interesting email exchange with my Brother about my work "issues". I made a comment about not being able to function at work at the high level, be a Mom and be pregnant. He wrote back and said "don't forget wife".
It hit home. I don't give my husband enough credit, but sure do give him enough "bitchiness". He isn't perfect. I am not perfect. We function ok. We are good parents together. But neither of us has figured out how to make our marriage something we CONSTANTLY work on. It makes me sad. How can people be great Mommies/Daddies, but not great spouses?
I need to work on "Me". I need to accept that I can't make him change the ways about him that I don't "like". I heard an interesting movie line, of all places from "Forces of Nature". It was advice that Sandra was giving to Ben. She said something like "when you think of all the things about her that bug you... remember that she is dealing with all sorts of imperfection every day". Something like that. I don't remember the exact wording. But to me it was saying that the things that I may notice are wrong with my husband, he probably already knows and deals with every day, as well as I am no where near perfect, so those in glass houses....

No comments:

Post a Comment