For various reasons we ended up choosing to do a c-section. I won't go into all the details, but this was our chossen birth plan. Here are a couple tips/comments to help if you are having one.
1. It is overwhelming. The moment they roll you into the operating room is quite overwhelming, especially if you have never had surgery before. Expect a flood of emotions and try to focus on the end, and holding baby.
2. You will not have your legs for HOURS. I didn't know this. This was THE most frustrating thing for me. I could not move for a long time. I wanted to get up BAD.
3. Make sure you walk the next day! Get up and pee and walk around the hall. Get around as often as you can.
4. Take it easy at home. The worst day was when I leaped right out of bed. OMG it hurt! I forgot about the scar!
5. Keep your stitches dry and clean!
6. You will have a TON of swelling in your legs 2-4 days after c/s. I couldn't believe how much swelling I had in my feet and legs. They pump you full of fluids at the hospital. I weighed more AFTER giving birth because of this water.
7. Drink Water Drink Water Drink Water!!!!
Tuesday, November 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment