June 26th is my Mom's birthday. So she has always wished for this baby to be born on that day. My niece missed the day by like 15 minutes and was born on the 27th 4 years ago. Well Mom got her wish!
My water broke around 2pm in the afternoon. All day I knew something was up, I just felt really "off". So around 4:30pm we got to the hospital. I had a scheduled c/s for Tuesday 6/29 so the plan was to do the surgery sometime Saturday night. I had to wait 8 hrs from when I last ate before the surgery. I seriously considered trying for a vaginal delivery this time. I had said If she were early, and I was showing good progression I would try. Well 6+hrs after the water breaking I was barely dialated to a 1. So the c/s was a go.
The surgery itself wasn't as smooth as my first c/s. But the baby was born and was healthy. It seemed that the drugs I was given weren't strong enough. I felt way more than I should have and my body began to have a panic attack. So once she was out I saw her head popped over the curtain and thought "look at that dark hair". Within a few minutes I was given some sedative that knocked me out for about an hour. When I woke I was back in the room and had to figure out what was going on. That part was a little off too. I had a complete meltdown trying to figure out what had just happened. I felt I needed to "explain myself" or something. Luckily those tears were short lived and within a few minutes of holding our new daughter I felt MUCH better.
Amelia Catherine was born at 9:14 pm. She was 20.5" long, 8lbs 5oz. She has a ton of hair and is super beautiful.
We are again in love!
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment