Well being a full time working Mom, even with a very flexible job has proven to be very difficult. I am no focussed, and more importantly not very happy. I have always known that I couldn't be a 100% stay at home Mom. I need something more in life.
I also don't think I can provide enough of the "educational" type learning that toddlers need. We sometimes get bored at home on the weekends trying to keep a very inquisitive toddler entertained. We have fun. But if the weather isn't nice we tend to watch TV too often.
So I have always thought the ideal situation would be part time. Enjoy being with my children often during the week, but not full time. And also doing something to keep my mind in check.
My new working plan for the rest of 2010 is actually less than part time. I will be off work from June 18- September. From September to January I will be working under 20 hrs a week, mostly in the office, but some at home projects too.
This means that the new baby will likely not be exposed to daycare until January. I don't find daycare all that beneficial for babies, but I think the structure for a toddler is important. So Lilah will still be in daycare a little over 15 hrs a week. I think the interaction with other children and the learning opportunity for her is well worth it. Hopefully my Mom can watch the baby on days I work.
So I will have time to myself, time for my children, hopefully time for my husband and house projects, and time for exercise! I can't wait to work out again. It seems silly, but I get so much out of exercise and mentally I need it. So hopefully by late July I will be cleared to do more than walking.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment